- 1/4 cup spelt flour (I've also had good results with brown rice flour!)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 egg white (or just under 1/4 cup liquid egg whites)
- 3.5 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon extract of choice (I've had good results with almond, maple, and hazelnut extract)
- Stevia, to taste (I use liquid stevia)
- 2 teaspoons coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white, yogurt, extract, and stevia.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, and allow it to sit undisturbed for a minute or two.
- Pour the batter into a greased donut pan (I use coconut oil to grease).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Test with a toothpick!
- For the frosting, melt the coconut butter and peanut butter together in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir in the maple syrup.
- Remove the donuts from the pan, frost, and devour!
I hope all you lovely people are doing well and are preparing for a wonderful holiday!
Question: What is your favorite Christmas cookie?