Confession time.  I don't know about you, but I have so many recipes bookmarked that if I started making one new recipe every day, it would probably take me at least two years to get through all of them.  Actually, I'm not sure I would ever get through all of them because by the time I'd made all of my current bookmarked recipes, I'm sure I would have accumulated at least that many more.  It's a never ending cycle, and I must say that I blame you guys.  You all just come up with too many amazing looking dishes! ;)

But I'm trying my best to work through at least some of them, and this past week, I made a dent.  Well actually, more like a tiny nick as in you can't even tell it's there, BUT that's not the point.  The point is that I tried, and I must say that overall, it was a smashing success!  So let's take a look, shall we?  Happy WIAW!
First up, we have Christine's Cinnamon Roll Scones.  Unfortunately, my pictures didn't turn out half as good as Christine's gorgeous photos, but don't let that fool you.  These little guys are awesome!  I used all spelt flour instead of half all-purpose/whole wheat so I will admit that they tasted a bit more grainy-y, but I happen to love that wholesome taste so I sure wasn't complaining!  The scones were super, super moist and rather biscuit-like and the topping was sweet, cinnamon-y, and crunchy!  It was my first time making scones, but I don't know why seeing as they were so easy and tasty, and my whole family loved them!
Next up, I made Arman's Baked Tofu.  Even before I went vegetarian, I loved tofu - in any shape and form, pretty much.  But one of my favorite places to enjoy it is at Asian restaurants.  They sure do know how to do tofu!  So when I saw Arman's recipe that included some of my favorite Asian ingredients such as sesame oil and soy sauce, I knew I must try it!  Well my friends, I'm already on my second batch, and I can assure you that I will be making it again at least once again before I head back to school (less than two weeks... WHERE did summer go?!?).  I love broiling the tofu for about 5-10 minutes after baking to get it extra crispy.  There it is below with edamame, peas+lima beans with buffalo sauce, and amaranth.  It was my first time trying that cute little grain, and while I loved the texture, there wasn't a whole lot of flavor.  Oh well, nothing a little siracha can't fix!  Anyway, I highly, highly recommend Arman's recipe!!
Ever since I saw Hannah's Squash Crust Pizzas, I knew I had to make them. I've seen lots of veggie pizza crusts in the blog sphere (particularly ones made with cauliflower, which I still need to try), so I thought I would give it a go.  And I'm glad I did!  I'm not going to say these tasted like regular pizza because they didn't, but I wasn't expecting them to either.  I mean they didn't have pizza sauce or cheese so how could they?!  Traditional pizza or not, they were delicious!  I think I should have baked them a bit longer as they were still pretty soft, and my favorite parts were the crispy edges, but I still greatly enjoyed the soft inside.  I topped one with BBQ sauce as the recipe suggested and one with buffalo sauce.  I think I preferred the BBQ sauce, but both were tasty.  Next time, I want to try pizza sauce+mozzarella on the squash crusts just for fun!
For breakfast one morning, I made Davida's Mango Matcha Green Tea Smoothie.  I happen to love green tea (I drink it every morning!), and my amazing mom recently bought me some matcha green tea powder.  I think I went a little crazy with it (I seem to always add extra powdered stuff like spices, protein powder, baking powder... it's just so easy to make the measurements extra heaping!) because the green tea flavor was a bit overpowering.  I think I ended up using at leas two teaspoons of it... whoops...  Haha but it was still super refreshing, had a lovely mango flavor, and I loved how thick it was!  I'll definitely have to try it again, but I'll scale the matcha back to one teaspoon - you see, I can learn. ;)
You see those pancakes picking in above?  Those would be Christina's All-Natural Protein Pancakes.  Aka my new go-to pancakes!  They're super easy to make and wonderful in the taste department as well.  They're not your typical, fluffy pancakes, but who wants typical anyways?  They're denser, but I personally like denser pancakes because you don't feel like you're eating fluff!
Topped with Walden Farms blueberry syrup.
I even made my own variation on Christina's pancakes...
The name of the game is Protein Packed Salted Chocolate Peanut Pretzel Pancakes.  A mouthful, I know, but trust me, it's one delicious mouthful.  After my baked oatmeal, I knew I had to do more with that flavor combination, and these turned out to be one of the best stack of pancakes I've ever had.  Even better than the oatmeal so if you want that flavor combination and are trying to decide between the oatmeal and these pancakes, I'm going to have to recommend you go with the pancakes.  I'm going to be a mean-y here though and postpone the recipe until next time, seeing as there are already more than enough words in this post.  But be sure to check back Friday or Saturday for the recipe!  You don't want to miss it!

Do you have more recipes bookmarked than you know what to do with?
What new recipes have you tried lately?

Have a lovely rest of the week, friends!

Comments

Oh my gosh I TOTALLY have about a million recipes bookmarked. Some I actually think I'll use, and some I will probably never make. I just bookmark everything that looks do-able and yummy haha.
I need to try broiling tofu! My mom and I are always on a lookout for how to make tofu get an awesome crust, so we'll have to try it out!
And those pancakes look incredible. :)

08/15/2013 11:31

Yes, definitely try the broiling trick! I love some crust on my tofu too, and the broiling really helps! :)

oh looks like you picked some GREAT ones to try out!! i follow those blogs too and ALL of those recipes stood out and looked amazing!! and i think you're right, even if i started today, i would probably never be able to make all the recipes i want to try one day, the pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger!! :)

08/15/2013 11:33

I know it's never ending right?! It's kind of like dishes... you can do all you want, but they just keep coming. Okay, that was kind of an odd comparison, but it is true haha. ;-)

08/14/2013 10:41

Hahaha, I am totally the same: so many bookmarks and I probably tried 2% of the recipes. Thanks to your post I have actually added even more now :) A few weeks ago I thought about scheduling two recipes every week, but in the end I always find something else to do or a new recipe to try, or the wish to create one of my regular dishes, that the heap is just not getting smaller.

08/15/2013 11:34

Haha I run into the same problems! Trying new recipes is fun, but sometimes it's nice to just stick to the tried and true. :)

08/14/2013 10:44

Ooh good on you for trying out bookmarked recipes- I am a serial bookmarker yet rarely do anything about it haha..I need to learn from you! Everything looks YUM especially those pancakes....pretzels as a topping? GENIUS!

08/15/2013 11:35

I've kind of been throwing pretzels on everything lately.... I've always loved them plain, but they're better when paired with oatmeal and pancakes!

08/14/2013 11:57

Oh my gosh I have SO many recipes bookmarked! I'm never going to get through half of them! Then plus all my pins on Pinterest... oh man. I would take an army to get through them! Anyway these all look amazing! I want to try the scones sooo bad. They sound so yummy!

08/15/2013 11:36

You should definitely try the scones! They are sooo good. I've even enjoyed them for lunch!

08/14/2013 12:37

Those pancakes look to die for!

08/15/2013 11:36

Oh they are! I can't wait to share the recipe!

08/14/2013 13:26

I feel ya on wanting to try out all these recipes! My pinterest is overflowing. Your version of the pancakes look awesome. What a great idea!

08/15/2013 11:37

Thank you! I'm so excited to post the recipe! :)

I am SO glad that you tried out the squash crusts! They are so fun to experiment with :).

08/15/2013 11:38

I'm so glad I tried them too! They really are the perfect summer meal. :)

08/14/2013 13:45

Thanks for the link to the pancake recipe! They look delish!

08/15/2013 11:38

They were, and I highly recommend them! :)

08/14/2013 14:21

I try to make all the things that I pin on Pinterest, and for that reason I take it slow these days with my pinning! HAH I was able to check one more recipe off the list this last week and I felt so accomplished!! WHOOOO! All of these recipes look so good!

08/15/2013 11:40

Yay, one down! Yeah I try to be careful bookmarking too... but from my current collection, it looks like I've bookmarked every recipe I've ever seen! I guess that just shows how many recipes I have seen... ;-)

I'm so glad you like them! I love the pretzels you've been adding to breakfast and I was so sad when I forgot to buy them last weekend because I had wanted to make your pretzel oatmeal concoction...I think I'll make it my celebratory breakfast for once my exams are done this Friday :)

08/15/2013 11:41

You definitely deserve a good breakfast after finishing up exams! I hope they go well and that you treat yourself to some chocolate pretzel deliciousness afterwards. ;-)

08/14/2013 15:18

I totally have the same problem. I blame Pinterest!
Ooh I'm totally trying that broil trick to tofu. I bet it's delicious!
Yum. Pretzel and chocolate = win. I never would have thought to do that to pancakes.

08/15/2013 11:42

Broiled tofu IS delicious! It's the perfect way to get that crust on tofu that I absolutely love! :)

08/14/2013 16:47

I am the exact same way. I remember that when I first started to research vegan recipes (boyfriend is vegan) that I accumulated three binders full of recipes. I barely made a dent, but I'm slowly doing my best to share my recipes on my blog and actually try them as well.

The recipes you tried all look delicious and I definitely want to try them out myself. I think my favorite part about trying out recipes is being able to incorporate a little twist on it with the type of flavors that I truly enjoy :)

08/15/2013 13:36

Yes I degree that a bit of self customization is what makes cooking so much fun! We all enjoy different flavor combinations, and when we incorporate them into our cooking, it often takes the recipe to a whole new level!

08/14/2013 19:35

WOW you had a very ambitious week of cooking. Believe it or not but i've never had baked tofu. I really need to try it out!

08/15/2013 13:37

Yes you do haha. ;-) I really do think you would like it - it's fantastic!

08/14/2013 20:15

Not actually bookmarking recipes but just keeping them in mind doesn't count, right ;)? Seriously, though, yes, there are enough recipes I've been meaning to make to last me for [at least] one lifetime. I feel bad for telling bloggers I'd try their recipes - and actually meaning it - yet then not getting around to doing so.

08/15/2013 13:41

I'm guilty of doing the exact same thing. I've tried to be more careful lately about saying that I'll make a certain recipe because even though I 100% intend on making it, I usually end up running out of time or always forget to buy the ingredients or something. And then I feel so bad!
And haha, if I counted all the recipes I have "mentally" bookmarked.... I would have drowned in recipes by now! ;-)

08/14/2013 20:33

Wow, you really made it through a lot of recipes :)!
Those pancakes look absolutely delicious with those crumbled pretzels on top!

08/15/2013 13:42

It turns out that crumbled pretzels are one of the most delicious pancakes toppings! Their saltiness goes perfect with the sweetness of the pancakes. :)

08/14/2013 21:45

So glad you liked the tofu and it was a success! The amaranth looks amazing- how does it taste like? I need to branch out on my grains! and your pancake variation- amazing! I WILL NOT burn your baked pretzel oatmeal this weekend! promise ;)

08/15/2013 13:46

Hm I think I would say that it most closely resembles white sticky rice. I don't find white rice to have much of any flavor, but I think the texture is quite similar (though the amaranth is obviously quite a bit smaller!). I've also heard that it's good toasted in a hot pan for 20-30 seconds. It's supposed to get crunchy and be similar like cereal or something. I haven't tried it myself, but I definitely want to soon!
And I'm holding you to your promise of not burning my oatmeal haha ;-)

08/16/2013 00:57

Random, but I just did this survey which requested me to tag 5 people, and you should be honoured that I tagged you :p not really, but feel free to do it! :)

08/14/2013 22:05

Ha! I actually have to START bookmarking recipes! I always see them and think, "I'll remember it came from this site!". Then a week later I'm scrambling through 20 blogs but can't find it.

PS: That Green Tea smoothie looks amazing. Thanks for linking the recipe! :)

08/15/2013 16:29

I sometimes do that too! In fact, I did that with the green tea smoothie at first. I remembered wanting to try it but forgot to bookmark it and then couldn't find it! I'm so glad I eventually did though. :)

08/14/2013 22:26

These look like some amazing eats! That smoothing in particular sounds so good right now :)

08/15/2013 16:29

It's soooo refreshing! Perfect for a hot summer day. :)

08/15/2013 08:46

Oh man, those cinnamon roll scones are calling my name! Thanks for sharing them... now I need to try them! :D

08/15/2013 16:30

Yes you do need to try them haha! ;-) They really are amazing. I can't believe I'd never made scones before!

Congrats on tackling some of your bookmarked recipes - and boy o boy do they look GREAT!
So great they are making me hungry! :)
Awesome post!

08/15/2013 16:32

Haha thanks Shashi! I always get hungry looking through foodie posts too! Thus I usually try to do it when I'm armed with breakfast or some kind of snack. ;-)

08/15/2013 13:35

Arman's Baked Tofu looks pretty good! Have you tried my chimichurri tofu on my blog: http://veganmiam.com/recipes/chimichurri-tofu-sauteed-kale-quinoa? The sauce is from Grills Gone Vegan cookbook, and it's probably one of the best homemade vegan sauces ever. I've tried the awesome vegan nanaimo bars from a British/Canadian cookbook, which I will be hosting an international giveaway and giving away two free cookbooks!

08/15/2013 16:51

I haven't tried your chimichurri tofu, but it looks amazing!! I love roasted bell peppers and chipotle so it definitely looks like something my taste buds would be all over! And those nanaimo bars sound wonderful as well! I haven't tried nanaimo bars, vegan or not, but I've always wanted to. Yet another recipe to add to my collection! :)

Oh man those scones sound yums! Thanks for sharing. And those pancakes? *drool* :)

08/16/2013 08:30

Haha thanks, Sabrina! Both were pretty delicious, if I do say so myself. ;-)

All of your food looks amazing! Especially those pancakes. Seriously?! Dessert for breakfast, yum!

08/16/2013 08:30

Exactly! Dessert for breakfast is the only way to do it! :P