1.  I have no idea what I want to post today.  I started two other posts before deciding I just wasn't feeling it and saving them to my drafts.  Thus, a random post was born.

2.  The ahi tuna salad I had at Elway's with my family yesterday was magic in my mouth.
3.  What other food is magical?   Chocolate, obviously.
Free sample. The day I turn down free chocolate is the day I've given up living.
Paid for chocolate - 85% truffle. Free or not, chocolate is chocolate, so of course, this was awesome.
4.  This book is such an interesting read.  Fat loading, caffeine fasting, carb loading.  Wait, there's more to running than racing down the road like a zombie's chasing you?  I have a lot to learn.  In all reality, I have always known that nutrition plays a big part in running performance, but I'm still learning a lot and can't wait to try out some of the things I'm reading about in my training.
5.  This oat square is pretty marvelous.  It tastes like the chewy cousin of those soft, fruity-filled cereal bars that have practically zero nutrition but taste oh-so good.  I went through a stage where I ate almost a box of those a day.  Now, I have a healthier way to get my fill.
6.  I love bareMinerals.  Not only are they one of the only makeups that I feel comfortable wearing because they are all-natural and don't hurt (yes, some makeup, especially eye liner, does hurt), but last time I bought an eyeshadow, I was gifted with a free brush and some mineral veil.  Is it sad that I had to look up what mineral veil is?  Sorry, but I have nearly zero knowledge when it comes to makeup.
7.  My mom and I were looking at baby clothes, and we saw the cutest little dress I have ever seen.  Before we get any further, no I am not holding anything from you.  My cousin just recently gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl so it was the perfect excuse to wander in and gawk at all the adorable little clothes.
8.  I have nine days straight of work starting Sunday.  No fun.  On the bright side, hello paycheck!

9.  Ever since my 6.29 miler this past Sunday, I have been counting down the days until this next Sunday for my next long run.  Hey, that's tomorrow!

10.  And, to end on food, if you happen to see these on the shelves, do not hesitate.  Light and airy yet very satisfying and absolutely packed with flavor.  These almost taste like a Greek pizza.  I have yet to try them dipped in hummus because they have yet to make it beyond going straight into my mouth from the bag.  Not they they have to be dipped in hummus, I just feel like hummus crisps with hummus would be double hummus awesomeness.
Do you use bareMinerals?
Have you ever tried the oatmeal square or hummus crisps?
Have you ever read a book on running?  Learn anything interesting?

Comments

08/03/2013 09:17

I love random posts days. They always turn out to be the most fun! For you questions: I use bareMinerals. That's usually the only brand I use. I have sensitive eyes too, so I have to be choosy with my makeup. I'm also super bad with makeup. I rarely use tons because I'm so incapable of using it! I love having tons of it though! :) I've tried oatmeal squares, but I haven't had them lately. They sound SO good though! As for the book on running, I've read a few and have been shocked about how in depth running is. I thought running was the easy sport that was a no brainer, but the more I learn about running, I realize how little I know about it! Still love it though! Your book sounds like an interesting one to read though! I'll have to look it up on Amazon!

08/05/2013 09:15

I'm finding the same thing! It seemed like running was one of the easiest sports as far as you run, you run more, you get faster.... but noooo so much more! Just as much as any other sport, if not more. I feel like I know practically nothing about it now, but that just makes me all the more excited to learn more! :)

08/03/2013 10:31

Mhmm ahi tuna is the best! And chocolate? No chocolate=suicidal haha ;).

I'm also obsessed with that little girl dress! Giraffes 4eva and always!

08/05/2013 09:16

Hehe when I uploaded that picture of the little dress, I immediately thought of you! :)

08/03/2013 11:38

I LOVE Bare Minerals! Their foundation is fantastic :)

08/05/2013 09:17

It is! The have some truly awesome products!

Those Kashi hummus crisps sound SO good. I will definitely be on the lookout for those!

08/05/2013 09:17

Yes, do be! I'm kind of obsessed with them. ;-)

08/03/2013 18:55

I have NOT seen that book yet, but it does look like a fascinating read!

08/05/2013 09:18

It really is (or was, I finished it a few days ago!). I hope to do a review of it soon!

08/03/2013 20:25

Yum, that salad looks great! If only ahi was popular here! I've tried the oatmeal square like bars which are pure sugar and targeted at kids, but those look a notch better ;)

I'm interested to see how you find the book- sounds intriguing! Fat loading?! haven't heard of that before!

08/05/2013 09:20

I had never heard of it either, but apparently it's supposed supposed to decrease your reliance on glycerin as a fuel source so that you don't deplete you glycerin store so quickly during running (or something like that!). I may have to give it a try to see if actually works!

08/04/2013 04:46

Random posts are always the funnest to read :)! Although I've read plenty of running magazines, I don't think I've read a book on running. I actually watched a biopic on a famous Indian runner (Milkha Singh) 2 weeks ago and I'm still riding the high of motivation from it- I've never been more pumped to run :)!

And YES about chocolate- saying no to it (free or not) is almost a sin ;)

08/05/2013 09:22

I really want to see that biopic! I often get really inspired and motivated by movies so that sounds like a must see!

08/05/2013 11:22

I love random posts. Like this past Friday's? That was one of my favorite posts that I've written in awhile. Too often I try to fit a mold and epically fail. No more :)

Nutrition books are so fun to read. I hope you're learning lots!

Recently I've been reading about all of the bad stuff that is put into makeup so I'm going to be checking out more natural versions. Bare Minerals has always been on my list to try. May have to soon!

I love Kashi crackers so I'm sure I'd love those crisps, hopefully we will get them here in Canada but no such luck yet.

Oh and I melt anytime I see baby clothes, so cute!

Oh yum i love oatmeal squares! so yummy! hope your 9 - straight days of work are going well! nothing like a nice pay check to keep you motivated :)

08/06/2013 11:46

I love the hummus crisps but they are pretty expensive everywhere I see them. You should read Apollo Anton Ohno's book Zero Regrets, not really a running book but a book about his training. Its amazing.

Can't go wrong with a random post ;-) And looking at baby clothes = one of the cutest experiences ever. I have a few pregnant friends and i'm excited to start shopping for them!
Hope you survive your nine days of work! The pay will be worth it ;-)

08/07/2013 00:07

One of my favorite books is by ultramarathoner Scott Jurek and it's called "Eat and Run." He is a vegan AND a legit runner which really rocked my socks!! I found that I need a LOT of carbs before a long run!! Nutrition is HUGE! Gotta stay fueled!

I have never tried ahi tuna but have always wanted to try it! Looking at baby clothes always makes me day dream!

My family always buys a bunch of those oatmeal squares from Sam's Club's website to have throughout the school year. They are great for snacking and breakfasts for my dad. I love the blueberry, banana, and cranberry flavors! (Actually those are the only flavors we've ever tried. But they're all good :) )