Hello, everyone!  Alert!  Alert!  News flash!  I slept in until 7:22 today!  I honestly don't remember the last time I slept past 6:30.  This probably had something to do with the fact that I didn't fall asleep until after one.... I'm just glad my body was able to realize that it needed some extra sleep and take the plunge to do something exotic!  Haha.

So today, I thought I would share some of my personal favorites when it comes to some basic categories of food.  Everyone has their favorites when it comes to bread, Greek yogurt, etc. so here are mine!

Milk

Although every once in a while I might drink a glass of regular ole' milk, 99.99999% of the time, this is my jam:
It used to be almond breeze unsweetened vanilla almond, then it was Silk unsweetened almond, and now it is this, and I haven't looked back since.  I find it be a bit thicker and creamier than its counterparts, and I can taste the coconut which I love.  It also makes outstanding oatmeal!  And I use it daily in my green tea.  It's something I can never go without.

Plain Greek yogurt

Everyone seems to have a different favorite here.  Some love Oikos, some Chobani.... me?  This all the way:
I find it a bit thicker than other brands and a little bit tangier - more like traditional Greek yogurt though in reality, even it isn't very close.  As far as flavored yogurts go, I don't have one specific brand - there are lots of great ones out there in my opinion!

Bread

There's no denying it.  I love bread.  I always have and always will.  Now as far as favorite type of bread goes, I would have to say ciabatta, but I wanted to show you favorite brands.  This is my current favorite:
So soft and delicious!  Perfect for sandwiches, toast (with peanut butter of course!), and... what else do you use sliced bread for?  Not sure, but I have sandwiches and toast all the time so needless to say, you can always find this lurking in the fridge (yes, I keep bread in the fridge; otherwise it molds too quickly, and I prefer to stay away from those furry green friends).  FYI, Dave's Killer bread is also pretty fantastic.

Tortillas

Tortialls are great to keep on hand because they're so versatile!  Wraps (sweet and savory), quesadillas, bean and cheese burritos, pizza... there's something for everyone!
These truly are soft and packed with fiber and protein!

Peanut butter

Now, there are a LOT of awesome peanut butters out there, but lately, I haven't been able to get enough of this one:
My absolute favorite way to eat this is spread on toast (Rudi's double fiber to be exact ;-) ).  Nothing better than peanut butter toast.  Period.

Protein bar

If I can find natural, whole protein sources, that's what I go for, but let's face it, life is busy and finding the time to cook isn't always easy.  I probably rely on these a liiiittle too much, but when something tastes like dessert, it's awfully difficult to resist.
I buy these almost every time I'm at the store... can't let the stash get depleted!

Apples

Yes, they deserve their own category.  And the winner here?  Pink ladies, hands down.
The most perfectly crafted apple - crisp, sweet, and juicy, and just plain awesome.  I also enjoy honey crisps when they come in season, and I sometime find fuji apples to be quite tasty, but nothing beats a pink lady.

Honey mustard

No, I'm not crazy.  Honey mustard IS a food category.  Okay, okay, I am crazy, but I just couldn't resist the opportunity to share my favorite honey mustard brand since I literally go through about a bottle of this stuff a week.  And when I get near the bottom of a bottle?  Major panic attack.  Just ask my mom.  We may or may not have had to drive 40 minutes to Whole Foods just to restock my honey mustard supply so that I could sleep again at night.  I am a difficult child.
Nothing too fancy here.  I've tried some other honey mustards, but they don't even begin to compare.  I bought Kroger brand once, but it's been sitting in the fridge ever since my first go with it.  Sorry I'm not sorry.  There is just no replacement for the above honey mustard.  Okay, maybe my obsession has gone a bit overboard.  Whatever.

What are some of your favorites from the above categories?

Happy weekend!

Comments

Isn't that coconut almond milk SO good?? It is my new favorite!

07/16/2013 13:25

It IS good!! I don't think I'll be changing it up anytime soon. ;-)

07/13/2013 15:48

Great post! I love Jif Natural peanut butter, or Justin's almond butter! Yummmmm :)

07/16/2013 13:25

Oooohh Justin's almond butter is fabulous! I especially love the maple almond butter.

07/13/2013 17:39

Girl I am on vacation and can't sleep past 6! Send me your sleeping ways! I'm trying to follow your lead and sleep in a bit more :)

07/16/2013 13:27

Haha I WISH I knew my sleeping ways! The days that I actually sleep in are so random. If I ever find a rhyme or reason to it though, I'll definitely let you know. ;-)

You are too funny putting honey mustard in it's own category. I would have to put pure maple syrup in one. I just can't do without it! Right now I am loving me some chia seeds. I eat em' up everyday!

07/16/2013 13:28

I seriously think I could drink maple syrup... omg it's so good!

I just discovered pink lady's and they are definitely my new favourite! Also, I want that earth balance pb and coconut spread immediately :)

07/16/2013 13:28

You should definitely try the pb spread! It's incredible!

07/14/2013 12:31

Oh my gosh I need to get that almond coconut milk. These are seriously all the food groups that I live off! (except honey mustard... ew ;) ) And coconut peanut butter? Uh, yum!!

07/16/2013 13:30

What?! You don't like honey mustard???? Hehe that's okay, at least we're on par for the rest of the food groups. ;-)

07/14/2013 16:12

I definitely need to try that coconut almond milk. I love this post- so many delicious things to try! Thanks for commenting on my blog (: I am really loving yours!!

07/16/2013 13:30

Thank you, Emily! I'm loving yours too! :)

All of my favorites are pretty similar to yours! Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They have the best almond milk I've ever had.
I haven't tried the Earth Balance peanut butter with coconut but it sounds amazing, must try! :)

07/16/2013 13:31

Sadly I don't have a TJ's near me. :( Next time I'm near one though, I'll have to check out their almond milk. Thanks for the suggestion!

07/14/2013 22:06

Hah! I love this post because I've tried versions of most of these foods, but not necessarily those specific ones! I need to look for that coconut peanut spread, because it sounds delicious!

07/16/2013 13:32

It totally IS delicious! The coconut peanut combo is to die for!

07/15/2013 08:31

I love that almond coconut milk! I used to buy it all the time last year to make oatmeal with, and then just stopped for some reason.

07/16/2013 13:33

Maybe it's time to bring it back into your life. ;-)

07/15/2013 09:39

Haha. Your side commentary when you were talking about your favorite brands made me laugh :)

I agree that apples totally deserve their own category. I like gala and fuji, but I have to say that my local orchard's golden delicious are probably my favorite. The only kind of apple that I really can't stand is red delicious. They are so bitter. I have no idea why they are so popular!

There really is nothing better than peanut butter toast. I think there was a time two years ago where I literally had that for breakfast every single day for months straight. My favorite peanut butter was Smucker's organic creamy. Just peanuts and salt. So good.

07/16/2013 13:34

I agree with you about the red delicious apples! I had always heard that they were so supposed to be soft and sweet or something like that, but I find them very bitter too! The only way I can stand to eat them is with lots of peanut butter. ;-)

07/15/2013 09:55

I have the same problem as you: I can not sleep in :P! I woke up at 7am yesterday and was so proud, haha.

Absolutely love Fage yogurt :)!

07/16/2013 13:35

If I could regularly sleep in until 7, I would be so happy haha! So good for you! :)

07/15/2013 10:13

We have almost all the same favorites! I'm obsessed with that coconut peanut butter. I actually saw coconut almond butter at Whole Foods the other day and was soo tempted (except it was $10!!). I haven't had the ThinkThin bars in forever - maybe I should pick some up after I finish my beloved KIND bars?!

07/16/2013 13:37

I hardly ever buy almond butter anymore because it is always SO expensive!! I looove raw almond butter, but I just couldn't justify the price anymore so I had to stop getting it. :(
I need to try some KIND bars! I love their granola, so I can't even imagine how tasty their bars must be!

07/15/2013 10:42

Haha my body is the same way and realllllyy does not like letting me sleep in ;).

Mhmm coconut peanut butter?! That sounds so delicious! Do you just get it at your normal grocery store?

07/16/2013 13:38

Actually yes, I get it at King Soopers! When I first heard about it, I thought I would only be able to get it a place like Whole Foods, but they actually don't always have it there!

07/15/2013 10:54

That almond milk is a staple in my house! I love it! I'm totally with you on the honey mustard thing! I totally love it!

07/16/2013 13:39

Yay! A fellow honey mustard lover! ;-)

07/15/2013 15:27

Fun post idea! I'm a huge Chobani fan- literally have one every single day! I'm also really loving Justin's nut butter lately, but most often have Skippy Natural.

07/16/2013 13:40

I've heard a lot of good things about Skippy. Once I get through my current pb stash, I'll have to give it a try!

07/15/2013 18:40

Fun post and we seem to share quite a few similar favorites! I've never seen coconut almond milk but it sounds delicious. A few of my favorites include:

Yogurt = 0% Total
Apples = Pink Ladies
Dressing = Balsamic Vinaigrette
Peanut Butter = Whole Earth Smooth

07/16/2013 13:41

Balsamic definitely does make for a fantastic dressing! It's my go to at my college cafeteria. :)

07/16/2013 11:16

Bread (I buy Dave's..it's my favorite!!) apples, and PB are DAILY staples of mine! SO GOOD! I love me some mustard too.

07/16/2013 13:42

Dave's really is amazing! I love how seedy and hearty it is!