So I know I just got back to blogging, but I'm going to have to warn you right now that this next month is likely going to be full of rather limited posting and commenting.  My summer class started Monday which has taken over my mornings and work occupies all my afternoons to evenings.  I will try my best to keep my presence in the blog world, but just a heads up!  What happened to summer being three months of lying on the couch doing nothing?  Okay, I admit that if that was my summer I would get extremely bored, but being a bit lazy isn't sounding too bad right about now. ;)

So as the post title suggests, this WIAW is going to be a quick one!  Without further ado, I give you last Saturday's eats.
Breakfast:
Usual morning start (recycled picture).
Renee's Greek Yogurt Waffles.  One word: obsessed.  I've made them at least six times since I've been home (sometimes two days in a row).  I just can't get enough.  I love them with spelt flour!
After I snapped the picture, I broke out the coconut butter. No explanation needed ;)
Enter:  Kale chips and a ride on my horse.  Typical.

Lunch:
Random lunch of leftover quinoa mac and cheese, broccoli with honey mustard (I almost ran out, but thankfully the problem has been remedied - I can now sleep peacefully at night), and nut thins + kashi crackers with hummus. With [un-pictured] chocolate milk.
Enter:  Work.

Dinner:
A huge, savory stuffed sweet potato with chickpeas, shredded cheddar, salsa, greek yogurt, and cilantro. On the side, garlic scapes (from the vegetable farm I temporarily worked at) cooked on the grill. My first time trying garlic scapes, and they were so good!!
Dessert:
Chocolate froyo, whipped cream, sprinkles. Awesomeness.
Enter:  Walk with my pups and mom.

What were some mentionable eats this past week?
Anyone else taking a summer class?

I hope everyone is having a great week and a fabulous summer!

Comments

06/05/2013 08:38

I am so glad you tried those waffles and loved them as much as I do. I haven't tried them with spelt flour I will have to one of these days. Thank you!! Lately, I have been going back and forth from these waffles to protein pancakes. I am obsessed too. :) Haha!!

I love sweet potatoes yours look delicious!

06/06/2013 07:49

I really want to try your protein pancakes! I just need to get some cottage cheese, and then I'm set!

This looks so good! We got garlic scapes for the first time in our CSA last year and I had no idea what to do with them, ha! I ended up finding a pickling recipe that was really good :)

06/06/2013 07:50

A pickling recipe?? That sounds fabulous!

Those waffles look and sound great! Now I just need to buy myself a waffle iron!

06/06/2013 07:50

Yes, you do ;-) It's well worth it!

06/05/2013 12:45

You worked at a farm!? SO cool. Those garlic scapes look amazing. No summer classes for me, but school definitely comes first! Oh man those waffles look amazing. I love when something is so good you have to make it again and again andddd again.

06/06/2013 07:52

It was a ton of fun to work on the veggie farm! I mean I got paid to plant veggies, how could it not be? ;-)

06/05/2013 13:31

Your food looks to die for! Your meals look so so pretty! Those waffles look revolutionary though. I may have to give those a try! :)

06/06/2013 07:52

You should definitely try them! They're SO good.

I am way to lazy to make waffles from scratch in the morning, but you definitely have me thinking that the frozen waffles need to come out soon ;-) And clearly, I love the looks of your dessert.

I'm in an MA program, so technically I have school year round. I am done classes though, so it's just thesis work at this point!

06/06/2013 14:39

Mmmm I need to break out the frozen waffles too! I love Van's multigrain - perfect for weekdays!

06/05/2013 23:50

That mac & cheese reminds me of... THE BLUE BOX! Yum! ;)

06/06/2013 14:55

I hope you're able to find some time for yourself over the summer! No need to worry about blogging - I think everyone understands that school and sleep (and your sanity) are more important. ;-)
I definitely have to check out those Greek yogurt waffles. And that bowl of fro-yo looks too good!

06/06/2013 15:08

Yum those waffles look great :D

06/06/2013 15:17

I have to blog less too! I feel like this time of the year is always so crazy because the weather is warmer and there's so much to do. :) Your dessert looks delicious!

06/07/2013 12:27

Don't worry about blogging, school comes first! This is actually my first summer not having school, so I'm going to make the best of it and travel to China and Japan. I'm so excited!

06/07/2013 12:35

Straight to the point. Love that idea for a post. Totally feel you on the time! Work for me is what's getting in the way right now. As Tara said above-- school should always come first!

Great-looking waffles. Oh, and macaroni and cheese too! :)

01/20/2017 05:35

This Saturday menu is looking good this can be prefect food for the people who want to lose their weight and have fit body with good health. I was very much impressed by your style of eating and want to try this schedule and menu of yours to have good healthy body to me.

03/06/2017 06:11

Thank you for the inspiring photos and articles! I always enjoy reading it! I have time for that since I know about academic-writing.help/ the resource. It is can help you to have more free time. Just order an article, thesis paper or review on any theme your need and everything will be ready on time. It is really safe! Read comments to make sure.