Okay, back to reality. Thankfully, coming back to reality gives me the opputunity to have these:
Sun-dried Tomato and Pepper Jack Cheese Enchiladas
If you don't want to make your own tortillas, feel free to use store-boughten. But I recommend you take on the challenge. I made mine garlic, but you can omit the garlic powder if you want them plain.
- 1/3 cup masa harina
- 3/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Up to 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 ounce pepper jack cheese, sliced thin
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup + green chile sauce (I used Roberto's vegetarian green chile)
- Combine the masa harina and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add the water and mix until a soft dough forms. It should not be wet, sticky, or dry. Form two balls and put them back in the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Preheat a non-stick skillet on low heat. Meanwhile, either press the tortillas between plastic wrap in a tortilla press or put the corn balls (one at a time) between plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to roll them to about an eighth of an inch thick. Cook them on the preheated skillet for a minute to a minute and a half.
- Spread one to two tablespoons of the green chile on the bottom of a small, sprayed baking dish (I actually used a small pie pan).
- Fill each tortilla with half the cheese, about a tablespoon of chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and half a tablespoon of green chile. Roll them up and put them seam down in the pan.
- Cover each tortilla with at least a tablespoon of green chile. Make sure they are completely covered so that they don't dry out when baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
The next recipe is similar to my breakfast tacos. But it was so good, that I decided that it deserved its own glory.
I used homemade corn tortillas (but without garlic powder) for these. Once again, you can use store-boughten, but you should try homemade.
- 2 corn tortillas (homemade or store-boughten)
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- About 2 tablespoon salsa
- A handful of cilantro leaves
- Two to three tablespoons Greek yogurt (or you could use sour cream)
- But the rice and beans down the center of the tortillas and microwave for about a minute or until warm.
- Top with the remaining ingredients and enjoy!
Well there you have it! I have another really yummy recipe for next week. And guess what it includes??? Did you say corn? What could possibly make you think that? ;) Luckily, it will be in a slightly different form next week. Any guesses??