Normally, I avoid smoothies the minute that summer warmth is left behind. And even if I do have one in the fall or winter, it usually isn't when there's snow on the ground. But alas, there I sat with a cold, blended substance in front of me and a white, fluffy substanc behind me. I guess I broke my own rule, but this smoothie was so good that I didn't even realize the single digit weather outside.
This smoothie is pretty spice due to the ground ginger. If you prefer your gingerbread only mildly spiced, feel free to scale back on the spices.Serves 1Ingredients:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (sub with soy yogurt for a vegan version)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed (ground if you don't have a high-speed blender)
- 1/4 cup water or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch and a half ground cloves
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
A perfect breakfast along with crackers topped with almond butter. :P
Christmas is two weeks away. Let me re-phrase: CHRISTMAS IS TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!!! I'm so incredibly excited! Proof:
That would be me this past Friday. And it's hard to see, but my earrings are mini Christmas wreaths. Like I said, I'm SUPER excited!! (And everyone at school knows it. ;)
Do you drink smoothies in winter?