1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate! I like eggnog alright, but for me, hot chocolate is the ultimate comfort drink around the holiday season. I've been drinking it every night. (Well, a version of it - you will see later... :)
2. Does Santa wrap present or just put them under the tree? Always wraps. In the cutest, most sparkly paper. Just in case you were wondering. ;)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Some of both on my house, colored on my tree!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. :'( I always thought it would be fun to, but we can't find any.
5. When do you hang your decorations up? Hmm, depends on the year. The day after Thanksgivins marks the Christmas season in my house, so sometime after then. But when we do do it, we go all out! Snowmen crammed into every corner, garlands above the fireplace and adorning the railing, random Christmas trinkits on every piece of furniture... we leave nothing bare. (Not even the door handles - they are the official home of our eight stockings. Yes, eight. My dogs and cat and horse need presents too.)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (not including dessert)? Let's see... this is hard since I can't include dessert. Who says I can't? My favorite holiday dish is my mom's chocolate cream pie! Best in the WORLD!! Now to answer the question, probably the bread rolls. I used to say I could live on bread and water. I still think that often. Especially on Christmas Eve.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I loved them ALL so much! I don't think I could choose. Though I loved coming down the stairs on Christmas morning to find a stuffed animal in the top of my stocking. Come to think of it, I still love coming down to a stuffed animal in my stocking! One is never to old for such things. ;)
8. What is on your Christmas wish list? Peanut flour, coconut butter, donut pan... seeing a constant theme here? At least it's all practical.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? We used to open one on Christmas Eve, but now we save them all for Christmas day. That way we're bombarded at once 'cause who doesn't want that?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots of lights, lots of ornaments, and a big star on top! Actually, the big star isn't up this year because it's broken. I may or may not have shed a tear.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Love it. Period.
12. Real tree or fake tree? Always real. Sometimes we go up to the mountains to cut it down. There is a place where the trees grow so close together that it actually damages them. So they let people come cut the trees down to help thin them a bit and promote growth. Real Christmas tree AND helping the environment? I'll take it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was about seven, I got this big horse (fake, of course). I had wanted it soooo bad, and it was so big that it was wrapped in trash bags! Oh how I miss stuffed animals! But as I alluded to earlier, I still get them on occasion - gotta tame that 5 year old heart of mine. ;)
14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? Baking cookies, watching Christmas movies, spending time with my family, and dreaming of a white Christmas. I don't think I've ever had a true white Christmas, but I still dream the next will be. One day, I will get my wish.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Whoops, I already answered this above. Oh well! I'll focus on my favorite cookies instead: sugar cookies and gingerbread. That was easy.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching Rudolph and Frosty on Christmas Eve. Oh that's today! Yaaaaaay!!! Like I said earlier, I'm a five year old at heart.
17. What tops your tree? Right now, nothing. But normally, it's a star (see answer to question 10).
18. Giving or receiving? Which do you prefer? Um, how about giving AND receiving? It would be a lie to say I don't like receiving, but I genuinely love giving too. There's nothing more precious in the world than the smile you put on one's face by giving them a gift. So, you know, I gotta make sure that I return the favor and graciously accept their gifts. ;)
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? An impossible question. Sorry. If it's Christmas themed, I'm certain to like it.
20. Candy canes, yum or yuck? Yum for Christmas sake, yuck for taste sake.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Either Christmas with the Kranks or The Santa Clause. With Rudolph and Frosty close behind.
22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, milk, and often carrots. Those reindeer get hungry too!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? Once every one's up, we open stockings, watch the dogs open their presents (cutest thing ever!), and then dig into the presents under the tree!
24. Do you prefer shopping for Christmas on-line or at the mall? Definitely the mall (or other stores downtown and such)! I like to be able to see and feel what I'm getting. And I love seeing all the Christmas decorations.
25. Christmas letter of Christmas card? Letter, though we don't always do one. Times get so busy!
Well there you have it! And now for my hot chocolate recipe/"tip" thing. All you do is combine this and almond milk in a 1:2 ratio (atleast that's how I like it - adjust according to taste). Then microwave it for one minute on high, more or less time depending on amount and desired warmth. Thank me later for this.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night (or good day, depending on when you read this)!