So, Christmas is the name of the game today! It's already over?! No, 362 days until Christmas. You see, there is a bright side.
Let's start with Christmaas Eve!
Me ready for the feast:
My brother got me Jillian Michael's yoga DVD!! I was so excited and went through level one later Christmas day. I was sore the next day! I'm used to pretty intense work-outs, but the yoga poses and movement used different muscles so it was a great challenge! And was followed by loose leaf ginger lemongrass tea. (In the cutest mug, remember?)
And now (insert drumroll here) time for a donut!!
This donut has a light, refreshing lemon flavor. If you want the lemon more pronounced, increase the amount of lemon zest in the donut batter. You can also increase lemon juice (though I haven't personally done this). If you do increase lemon juice, you may need to add additional sweetener and increase the baking time by a few minutes.
For the donut ingredients:
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour (or other flour of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- zest from one small lemon (about 1/2 teaspoon of zest)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 2.5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener, to taste (e.g. agave, maple syrup, stevia, granulated sugar - I used three drops stevia)
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees and grease one donut mold in your donut pan (I used coconut oil).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest, and dry sugar (if using).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon juice, egg white, yogurt, vanilla, and wet sweetener (if using).
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry. Mix until well combined, but don't over mix.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the greased donut pan, and bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Ingredients for the icing:
- Coconut butter
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- Sweetener, to taste
- Place the coconut butter in a bowl and microwave it until the coconut butter has melted.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spread onto the donut as soon as you transferred the donut to a plate.