Mexican English Muffin Pizza
The ingredient list may be long, but it actually comes together rather quickly! Even though it may not be quite as quick as frozen pizza, the unique taste will make you glad that you took the extra time.
- 1 english muffin, split in half
- 2 tablespoons salsa of choice
- 1/4 cup black beans (if using canned, drain and rinse)
- A small handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons corn, fresh or thawed frozen
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves, lightly chopped (I actually didn't have any, but I think it would be a wonderful addition!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 oz shredded cheese of choice (I used mozzarella because it was what I had, but I think any kind would work)
- 1/2 a small avocado, sliced (optional)
- A spoonful of Greek yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Cover a small baking sheet with aluminum or parchment paper. Set your oven to broil.
- Spread each english muffin half with a tablespoon of salsa, and place the english muffin halves on the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the black beans, tomatoes, onion, corn, cilantro, and spices. Spoon half the mixture onto one english muffin half and the remaining mixture onto the other muffin half.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese on the muffin halves.
- Place the pan in the oven and broil for about five minutes -- until the cheese melts and begins to brown.
- Transfer the pizza to a plate and top with the avocado and sour cream. Enjoy!
Do you ever get recipe inspirations from class?
Do you have an obsession with squash?
Also, thank you for the compliments on my new header! I'm so glad you guys like it!