I like my food thick.  I've always chosen stew over soup, fruit smoothies over fruit juice, Greek yogurt over regular yogurt, and now blended saag over traditional saag.  Woooow, back up.  What's this about blended saag??  Well, when I saw Rachel's Saag Tofu, I decided to give it a shot.  Of course, I changed up the ingredients some, but the real difference is the way the final product looks:
Aren't the mini pumpkins and gourds adorable?! My wonderful neighbor, Linda, grew them and gave them to me!
Doesn't really look like saag?  Well, if you've been reading my blog for a bit, you're probably used to seeing such unique looking foods.  As I like to say, who needs waffles when you can have waffle scrambles?

Saag with a Twist (aka Soggy Saag)
Based on Rachel's Saag Tofu

Ingredients:
1 package fresh spinach
1/2 cup canned, diced tomatoes (or you could probably use fresh)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon coconut butter

1/3 cup canned chickpeas

Directions:
Toss everything (except the chickpeas) in a small sauce pan and cook on medium-low heat until the spinach is wilted.  Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.  Return the mixture to the pan, and stir in the chickpeas.  Serve over cooked bulgar or another grain.
Side note: sorry about my mysterious disappearance.  Life's been crazy!  I had mid-terms, went to Aspen for the weekend with my mom, did trick-or-treat street at my school (which is this amazing event where we decorate the school and little kids come and we give candy out at classroom doors and have games for them.... whew!  One needs a long breath to say that one!), and I just got back from an incredible behind-the-scenes aquarium visit with my BioScience club.  Oh and I've been working on my earring business (which I don't think I've mentioned on here before, but I make earrings and sell them to raise money that I give to animal rescue foundations).  Like I said, life's been busy, but I promise I haven't forgotten about my blog either!  I re-did my "about" page, changing it mostly to pictures because pictures are way more fun than words.  And I've also decided that I want to get back to posting more recipes!  I have some ideas of what I what I want to make, and some recipes that I've already tried, but just haven't gotten to post yet.

Question:
Do you like foods thick or thin?

Comments

i've never had saab but now i may have to try it!

in general i like foods thick better. I like thick oatmeal, smoothies, and milkshakes!

08/18/2017 04:03

Lean Belly Breakthrough

08/18/2017 04:04

3 Week Diet

08/18/2017 04:04

Teds Woodworking

08/18/2017 04:05

Fat Burning Kitchen

15 Minute Manifestation Review

10/29/2011 15:42

Oooh that's super cool looking, almost swampy! :) I LOVE thick foods, especially yogurts and smoothies mmm I'm getting hungry just thinking about them haha

10/29/2011 15:59

Wow you have definitely been busy!! Hey, life happens, and it's more fun living it up then focusing on blogging. I'm glad you're doing well! I'm totally with ya on the thick foods. The thicker, the better!

10/29/2011 16:06

Yum! I've never had anything like this, looks very interesting! :) We will always love you and your blog no matter if you post daily or monthly! Life happens. I wish I could post everyday but I just don't have time!

Whitney

10/30/2011 04:12

Wow neat way to change up the recipe! It looks a green monster haha.
No worries about not posting. I think October has been a busy month for a lot of bloggers. Living life > blogging, anyway!

10/30/2011 04:59

I really like how you changed this recipe up! Very interesting creation :) For me it depends on the food... I like oatmeal thinner which is an odd one!

10/30/2011 13:21

It's the thicker the better as far as I'm concerned - I like porridge so thick I have to chew it!
I'm not surprised you haven't been able to blog much; the aquarium visit sounds brilliant and your earring business is a lovely thing to do :-)

11/01/2011 05:59

Thick and hearty ... all the way!

Hm, never thought of it but i am definitely thick over thin as well!

11/04/2011 08:12

I love how GREEN the saab is. It's like a green smoothie! :D I bet you feel amazing after eating that. :)

It depends on the food. I like my oatmeal thick (me no like thin oatmeal -- too watery), but my smoothies I like thin.

I love how you donate the money from selling the earring you make to help animals! You are such a wonderful person -- no wonder I love you so much!! :)

I checked out your About Me page and I LOVE IT! I couldn't see the pictures of your animals though... Are they the same pictures as they were before (the the kitty on his back rolling in the grass and such)?

Have an amazing week darling! :)

11/07/2011 04:26

Depends on the food! That looks yummy...

01/20/2012 15:14

I can just see this poured all over buckwheat... Dreamy!

08/04/2016 06:11

I can not wait to visit this better updated site and impressive vegginout site, it has been sharing about soggy saag. Thank you for better info about foods and unique looking foods, keep it up.

You do make an excellent point. Being positive without any concrete action is wishful thinking. On the other hand, being negative with concerted action can be self-defeating. Both healthy attitude (grounded in reality) and effective action are needed to maximize the possibility of good results.

06/13/2017 10:19

These kind of articles are always attractive and I am happy to find so many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thanks for sharing.