Oh yes, a middle of the week post.  Nothing like planning ahead to make things happen!

I'm so glad that you all enjoyed reading my facts!  I definitely enjoyed writing them.  And I'm very happy to report that by Sunday evening, no trace of my sore throat was to be found!  It must have been all your get well wishes. :)

So, I've made a few attempts in the past to join the amazing WIAW party hosted by the lovely Jenn, but unfortunately, those attempts kind of failed.  But not this one!  Although, these aren't actually my Wednesday eats, they're my Sunday eats.  Ah well!  Baby steps, right?
Here. We. GO!!!

What better way to start off a bright Sunday morning that with a big stack of pancakes?  You may say nothing, but I say starting off the morning with a big stack of Katie's Blueberry Pie Pancakes layered with her Coconut Banana Butter!
Make them and try one bite, and then I'm confident you will see my way. ;)  Blueberry pancakes are delicious.  Katie's blueberry pie pancakes take delicious to a whole new level! :D

As usual for weekends, breakfast was followed by a ride on my horsey which was followed by a snack!
My addiction of peanut butter filled pretzels lives on!  Along with my addiction for dark chocolate covered almonds.  I bought them at TJs in Nebraska, and have been eating one a day ever since to make them last as long as possible. :P

Luncho was another Katie recipe!  This time, it was her Snickerdoodle dip which I'd been dying to make!
Now it may look like a pile of brown mashed potatoes in the picture, but let me assure you that the taste was far from it!  I licked the blender clean, and then grabbed a spoon and almost proceeded to demolish the bowl of it for lunch.  But I decided to save some of it for later to make quick lunches throughout the week (boo to senses ;) .  So what did I end up doing with it? Made it into a sandwich!
Um yeah, sorry for the awful picture.

Lunch was followed by a walk with my neighbor's dog (I was petsitting this past weekend) which was followed by a trip to the garden store.  Anyone else have a slight (or major) obsession with plants?  I know I do.  I can never leave the nursery without a plant in my hand.  It wouldn't be such a bad thing, but as I've mentioned before, I have a very black thumb.  Seven shriveled cactuses later, I've given up on my desert friends.  But I always find some kind of plant.  They just fascinate me so much, and I love taking care of things!  (Or at least, um, trying too.)  Now I know you were just dying to know all that. ;)

After returning from the nursery with my next victim, I proceeded to have a snack:
A square of Endangered Species 88% chocolate and more pb filled pretzels.

Dinner was a new favorite.  Ashley's Lemon Basil and Grilled Corn Pasta to be exact.
Recycled picture because I thought it made no sense to take another picture when I already had a perfectly good picture. (At least that was my reasoning for why to just dig right in instead of taking a picture. :P )
Okay, this is officially my favorite pasta dish.  You really must make it.  I promise you won't regret it.  Not ever.

And dessert was a snickerdoodle stuffed date.  I think the name explains it's deliciousness preeeetty well.
So, my first "official" WIAW, but definitely not my last!

Questions:
Do you have an obsession with plants?  Do you have a green thumb or, like me, a very black thumb?
Any particularly delicious eats today?

Have a fabulous rest of the week everyone!!!

Comments

09/07/2011 04:03

Yee, Love that you are joining the party! I really enjoyed seeing you eats, and all those CCK recipes you used :D That pasta dish also looks heavenly! I want to give it a try- grilled corn is the best!
Love you<3

Yey! Welcome to the WIAW party!

Brown-mashed potato look-alike or not, that snickerdoodle dip sounds divine. Katie has such great recipes!

I definitely do not have a green thumb-- but I wish I did :( I've been wanting to grow my own basil lately, but don't even know where to begin!

Looks delish!
You sure love Katie's stuff! (And with good reason!)

I have a black thumb like something terrible. Oh well :)

09/07/2011 05:08

Yummy! Pancakes are the perfec breakfast..and lunch and dinner actually :)

Peanut butter filled pretzles are the bomb! :D

09/07/2011 05:35

Oh my goodness- all of your food looks SO good!! Welcome to the WIAW party!

09/07/2011 05:41

Woohoo!! You're gonna become a WIAW addict now haha ;)
All of your eats are so colorful and tasty looking mmm That snicker doodle dip sounds unbelievable, I gotta make that! And your pasta dinner? Magnifico! :)
Happy WIAW to ya chica!

09/07/2011 06:59

Yayy so excited you joined the party! Get ready to become addicted :)
Your eats are so colorful! Yes for representing so many food groups

09/07/2011 13:06

Oh my gosh, snickerdoodle stuffed dates sound amazing!! I have so many CCK recipes I want to make.. they're all so yummy!!

09/07/2011 13:46

welcome to WIAW!! I loved it.
those pancakes look so plump and delicious- I'm so excited to make some. I should, you know. that dip looks fab too- and you were right to put it on a sandwich although I wouldn't have blamed you for eating it all right there and then- you could you know, her stuff is healthy :)
I love looking at plants but I don't do too well taking care of them.

09/07/2011 13:46

welcome to WIAW!! I loved it.
I love looking at plants but I don't do too well taking care of them.

09/07/2011 14:41

Such healthy eats!I had pancakes today too :)

09/07/2011 14:51

Those pancakes look insane! How yummy :D

chocolate-katie
09/08/2011 01:12

As usual, your post put a HUGE smile on my face!!!!!

And a few more !!!!!! :)

Also, don't ask about my missing green thumb. I managed to kill a cactus once. True story. Very sad.

Those pancakes look to die for! I will have to make them very soon :)
For some reason, every plant I bring into my home dies within a few days! It's so sad :( I've tried everything - even giving them pep talks, but they just don't like me I guess. Haha

09/08/2011 04:19

I love Katie's snickerdoodle dip! I'm thinking about making some right now.
I wouldn't say I have a black thumb, but I'm not too good with plants either. But I love them anyway! They really can brighten up a room, you know?

09/09/2011 05:32

I've definitely got a black thumb.

Only eats so far today were OIAJ with tons of pb but they were delish!

09/09/2011 17:16

All your eats look yummy!

I started out thinking I had a green thumb until my basil and oregano plants turned from healthy to dead. :( I'm gonna try again soon, though, so hopefully it was just an unlucky try. ;)

09/16/2011 10:13

I LOVE seeing your European eats! Everything looks so good, and the atmosphere is just so different there. Looks like you had an awesome time :)

09/16/2011 10:15

Somehow my last comment got posted on the wrong blog haha please disregard! But your pancakes look mighty fine :D As does your snickerdoodle dip!