Wednesday has become one of my favorite days of the week thanks to WIAW (and, of course, our lovely host Jenn)!!
This time, I'm showing off Sunday's eats.  And so, pancakes were the star of my breakfast.
Those would be Blair's Flourless Oatmeal Cinnamon Protein Pancakes topped with coconut butter and vanilla spice almond butter.  Well, I did a few things different with the pancakes.  The differences being that I used only 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, a chia egg instead of a regular egg (because I had almost exactly a tablespoon of ground chia seeds in need of use), more almond milk, and used only one drop of liquid stevia because the protein powder I used (Terra's Whey Vanilla) was already fairly sweet.  The result?  Um, wow.  I think I have about ten slots in my top pancake list, and lets just say that one of the slots belongs to these pancakes. :P

Enter typical Alex snack (please tell me you know what it is by now... hint: the acronym would be PBFP ;) + typical morning Alex horse ride here.

Lunch was another winner!  I mixed pesto with brown rice, microwaved if for one minute, stuffed it into an Ezekiel pita pocket, and broiled if for a few minutes.  Try it.  You will love it.  Trust me. I ate it a long with some steamed brussel sprouts, half a steamed beet, and some roasted Kabocha  (I finally found one and I must say that the first bite = <3)
Mid-afternoon stack = PBFP + dark ginger chocolate (I <3 that stuff!!):
We went out for dinner!
I ordered the hummus with fresh veggies and pita bread.  Give me hummus and some kind of dipping agent, and I'm pretty much set for life (as long as you throw in some chocolate and peanut butter, that is).
Sorry for the blur!
Dinner was followed by a visit to this amazing place:
My favorite frozen yogurt place!  It's self serve so you can put however much of whichever yogurt flavors and toppings! :D  My frozen yogurt included plain tart, fruit sweetened tropical, and peanut butter cup and my toppings were chocolate covered sunflower seeds (best topping ever!), macadamia granola, banana slices, and peanut butter cup pieces.  The definition of heaven in a bowl!
The frozen yogurt experience was followed by a nice long walk with my mom. :)

Now I know these are Sunday's eats, and I know that today is Wednesday, but there's something about Tuesday that I want to share.  This week is Homecoming week at my school and each day there is a different theme.  Well, Tuesday was Tacky Tuesday, and so I ceased the opportunity to show my school spirit.  Obviously...
Even though you can't see it in the picture, I was wearing two different earrings - one dangle and one stud.  Showing school spirit is fuuuuuuun! :)

Questions:
Favorite frozen yogurt place?  Frozen yogurt or ice cream?  I normally have to go with fro-yo on this one because I love the creaminess!  But when I get a really good ice cream or gelato, fro-yo comes up second. ;)

Comments

Haha tacky!? I think you look quite fashionable! Okay, I'm kidding haha

You're a genius for mixing brown rice with pesto. That sounds delicious, and it's only 9:20 in the morning. Breakfast #2 anyone?

09/21/2011 04:29

Ah, I WANT your unday ;) So many good things, I want them all! Your pancakes looks amazing, but your lunch is really my favorit! Brown rice, pesto, brussel sprouts and pumpkin? Favorits aaall the way! :D
I have never had frozen yoghurt :O Its not a big thing in Norway! On day, one day..

09/21/2011 04:32

Love the tacky outfit! :) My favorite fro-yo place is called Fro-yo haha. Very creative name. I love their red velvet flavor. I go for fro-yo more often, but super rich and creamy ice cream every once in a while is amazing.

09/21/2011 05:16

Haha I love the tacky outfit! I am so jealous of your froyo place... there is nothing like that around me! Curses!
Your breakfast looks wonderful too :)

09/21/2011 06:04

Your lunch looks SO good!!! I always love how creative your meals are :) And I'm diggin your homecoming tacky outfit, especially that random sock haha ;)
I love froyo!! I think my favorite place is red mango :)

09/21/2011 08:57

You're so pretty.. even when you are tackified! Love fro yo, and those pancakes look wonderful!

09/21/2011 09:17

Your breakfast looks delicous, and so do all your other eats! I like ice cream and frozen yogurt, but If I had the choice Id go with fro yo! I always go crazy with toppings! :D

09/21/2011 09:21

Ohhh my, your lunch sounds absolutely amazing!! Pesto rice stuffed pitta and my all time fave food, kabocha in one meal?! WOW! :) And oooh I love dark choc ginger!
Hehe you make that outfit look cool girly! You're gorgeous :)

I'm more of an ice cream girl, but I'm no yogurt hater either. All your meals look soooo yummy!

09/21/2011 12:37

Sweet theme! And sweet outfit ;) I am seeing kabocha everywhere right now in the blogger world! I have been scared to ask what it tastes like for fear of ridicule :P

All your eats look fantastic! I've never tried kabocha but I love all the other squash types I've tried so I will have to pick one up :)

09/21/2011 16:15

I pick gelato, then froyo, then ice cream. I haven't gotten any of those in a long time and I definitely need to change that before summer ends! Oh my gosh how good would froyo be if they had peanut butter filled pretzels as a topping?! AHHH girl I know you'd be all over that!

Those pancakes look so good! Like black and white cookies except they are pancakes.. Yum!

09/22/2011 04:12

09/22/2011 04:13

Peanut butter filled pretzels?? I need some of those! I bet they would be amazing covered in chocolate ;)

Favorite fro-yo place: Sweet Frog!

09/22/2011 07:38

cute outfit!! and those pancakes look fab. You have a really nice smile.
I love how you covered them 1/2 and 1/2. YUM!
Kabocha. I just finished my last one :( I don't think I could stick to 2 slices though- I usually do 1/4 or 1/4 with dipping nut butters and yogurt. yum!
favourite froyo is my local GoBerry!

09/22/2011 11:08

Such a cute picture of you :-)
That lunch looks so good - and that yoghurt place! We need some of those over here!

09/23/2011 09:17

Self serve fro yo is pretty excellent, but ice cream wins overall!

09/25/2011 04:22

I want that heart shaped bowl!! :) How cute!

All those eats look great, but I gotta say, I'm jealous of the Fro Yo. ;)

I love overnight oats! I make them the same way - so good I could eat them everyday!