I wanted to thank you all for your warm birthday wishes on my last few posts. You guys are the SWEETEST!!! I did have a wonderful birthday - my friends and I went bowling! We aren't very good, but it was really fun anyway! Although this guy bowling a few lanes down got nine strokes in a row. It made us feel like really bad bowlers! ;)
Since I promised the sprinkle recipe a week ago, I'll start with it first (best for last isn't always true ;)
I serving of oats (I used steel cut oats)
1/2 to 1 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon (or more) coconut oil or butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sweetener to taste (I used about three drops stevia)
A handful (or two ;) of sprinkles
Combine the oats, water, and milk in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 or 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a bowl and top with a few additional sprinkles.
Although it's perfect for a birthday, you definitely don't need to wait for a birthday to make it! :D
I didn't make a lot of different food this week, but I still have some yummy food pictures!
Here's a delicious stir fry consisting of spinach, sweet potato, bell pepper, peanuts, ginger, and cinnamon served over a bed of brown/wild rice:
Have any of you ever tried soba noodles? If not, change that!! They're incredible! Especially when they make an appearance in these Japanese Soba Noodles from Vegan Fire and Spice!
And while you're in the kitchen, why not make some Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Just one more...
And now, I want to thank the sweet, lovely Kathleen for nominating me for the following.....
1) Tell you guys who nominated me (done!)
2) Share 7 facts about me
3) Nominate 15 (8..) other bloggers
7 facts about me:
1) I used to be allergic to peanut butter (and all other nuts). It wasn't until about a year ago that I got tested and found out that I'm no longer allergic. How did I ever live without peanut butter?!
2) I'm a science nerd. I love all things to do with science and plan to major in either chemistry of physics in college.
3) I volunteer at a vet because I love animals and wanted to be a vet since I was a little girl.
4) I HATE yellow mustard! I love honey mustard, but I just can't stand yellow mustard.
5) I love teaching! I've tutored my friends in math, mentored elementary kids for a science fair, and help my classmates at school all the time. I LOVE it!! :) (Maybe I could teach science? ;)
6) I live to ride my horse! We live at a house where he can live at our house, and it has been the best experience of my life.
7) I make my own lunch for school every day (random, I know ;)
Kathleen already nominated many of the blogs I love, but here's a few more:
1. Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots
2. Ryan @ Aloha Appetite
3. Rachel @ Tea and Chocolate
4. Ellie @ Fit for the Soul
5. Whitney @ Vegan Sunshine
6. Ann Claire @ The Flourishing Foodie
7. Molly @ Molly Runs Fresh
8. Emma @ Sweet Tooth Runner
I hope everyone has the most amazing weekend!!