So on Wednesday, I was welcomed home from gorgeous California by the dry dessert known as Colorado.  Colorado is actually in the dessert area of the U.S. and after returning from lush California, I definitely know why!

So over the next month, I will be doing very little (if any) blogging/posting/commenting.  I definitely did not want to type that, but I have the ACT in about a month, and I really need to focus and do well on it.  I will try not do disappear completely, but if I do (which is likely), I'm very, very sorry.  I will be back, I just don't know when.

But for now, let's rewind and look at some foodie pictures.  Using my awesome little time machine, let's start by visiting last Saturday, before the California adventures had even began.  I behold:
Made with:
And with a side of:
The shake is Katie's Cake Batter Milkshake with about two teaspoons of cocoa powder because as I've said before, I just can't follow any recipe to a T.  Seeing as it is one of Katie's recipes, it is a given that it was incredibly delicious.  It didn't really taste like cake batter, but it didn't need to!!  It was delicious in it's own fabulous way, and it is definitely something I will make again! :D

Now, accompany me as I past forward to last Tuesday. Aka my last day in California. :(
The day was started wiiiiiiith.... oatmeal!!!  I was able to find oatmeal all most every morning I was gone!! :) :)
Lunch was celebrated at this restaurant:
With this amazing salad that contained spinach, quinoa, corn, beets, fennel, roasted brussel sprouts (!!), red onion, and a fabulous balsamic dressing!
It was huge, but I somehow managed to eat all of it ;)
After lunch I went my first ever (enter drumroll here).....
Awwww.... I was SO, SO excited!!!!!  My haul:
PUFFINS AT LAST!!!! :D :D (I was SUPER excited, can you tell? ;)  I also found the chocolate area!!  Dark chocolate lover's 85%, 70% dark chocolate (I wouldn't normally get chocolate with such a low content of cocoa - low for me anyway - but as soon as I saw the words "Smooth Belgian," I melted like a chocolate bar ;), and a chocolate brownie Pure Bar.  Now that's what I'm talking about!!
Now lets past forward to present day in order to examine a few of these products.  Firstly, Puffins!! (I can't get over how fun that is to say!)
Who says cereal has to be for breakfast?  I have a feeling that my box of puffins will not last long.  Does anybody have any they are willing to give up once I polish of mine? ;)
And now for some chocolate (down to the important things in life)
This is stuff is delicious both on top of oatmeal...
And melted into oatmeal...
I'm sure it's also delicious on its own, but I had to experiment with oatmeal first.
And you see this little bottle?
Those little guys floating around in there are incredibly addicting.  Both my mom and I can attest to it ;)

Well, that's all I have for you lovely people for now and possibly for the next month.  Oh well... I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.  Farewell!!! <3

Comments

03/18/2011 05:40

omg, that SPROUTS restaurant looks amazing!! Yay for chocolate..and pure bars; Mmmm!! I love puffins, so glad you got to try them! Noooo I don't want you to disappear for the next month! But I totally understand; school is so hectic around this time until the end of the year. I'll def. be less present too, no worries!

03/18/2011 10:34

I'm so jealous of your Puffins!! I have yet to find them anywhere :( And omg love your oats, chocolate makes everything better :)

03/18/2011 15:50

Awww we're gonna miss your posts! School needs to come first though. I took the ACT's last month and I took the SAT's last week. I'm probably taking both again at least once.
It looks like you had an awesome time in California! I can't wait to go myself. Plus you got to go to trader joes, which was probably worth the trip in itself. I love puffins!

03/19/2011 04:06

That salad from sprouts looks lovely! It has so much good stuff in it. And yay for going to Trader Joe's. Isn't it amazing? I can't imagine Puffins would last long in any house.

I'm going to miss your posts! But good luck on the ACT. I'm sure you'll ace it! :)

Haha, I love that you said you melted smooth like the Chocolate! ;)

Ohmygosh, your oatmeal looks incredible!!! I love Peanut Butter on top of Oatmeal! :D

I'm going to miss your posts darling! Best of luck to you on your ACT though! I know you will do great! :D

xoxo
Kathleen

03/19/2011 21:23

I really want to try puffins! And also, your belgian chocolate looks so good. I cannot wait to stuff my mouth full of chocolate again!!

03/20/2011 07:23

Mmm your food all looks so YUM!! That cereal definitely wouldn't last long around me! :P

That's a tough decision you're making, and I might have to make a similar one too! GOOD LUCK though with your exams!! I'm sure you'll ace them:)

03/21/2011 12:22

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time in California! It looks so beautiful and I've always wanted to go there. Too bad I live across the country. Haha.

Good luck on the ACTS! I completely understand that school has to come before blogging, being a student myself. Have a great day! :]

03/21/2011 15:19

How can you not love Cali-I mean you can pick an avocado off a tree on the side of the road (not that you're allowed!)
Love those kinds of restaurants...yum!

03/22/2011 08:42

Those puffins and TJs chocs are quite awesome huh?! I hope you have a great and productive time with all your workload! you can do it!! God bless ya <3

since you posted all of these amazing pictures i will allow you to take time off from blogging :)
good luck on the ACT!!

Girl you take all the time you need to study for your ACT!!! Best of luck, you will do great.

03/26/2011 11:13

Oh my gosh... Trader Joe's! :) Isn't it wonderful?

Whitney

03/27/2011 04:38

I definitely need to start experimenting with my food some more! Just looking at your blog makes me hungry! Also, I miss Trader Joe's SO much! Love that place! Unfortunately, there are none outside of the US. : (

03/28/2011 14:22

Good luck on the ACT! I'm taking it soon too. I've never been to TJ's, I want to go so badly. I love Puffins!

03/30/2011 03:52

I had to take the ACT in February, so I totally understand! Good luck!

The brownie pure bar is amazing, you'll love it! I'm so jealous of all your other chocolate finds!!

I added you to my blog roll! :)

03/30/2011 07:54

Oh my gosh. You melted ACTUAL dark chocolate into your oats?! WHY have I never thought of that?! You are an actual genius (like... MENSA style)

04/06/2011 13:33

Boo, I want you to be back blogging!! But I totally understand the crazy amount of ap stuff and schoolwork that's going on right now; I have a ton too! I'm so glad you loved the tahini chocolate chip oats though!!! I've seriously been eating it EVERY single day, like I still can't get enough of it!! Mmmmm :)

04/09/2011 08:57

awww how did I miss this post?!

Your oatmeal with the melted chocolate gives me breakfast envy!! To the extreme!!!

just a note to say i misssss youuuuu... your comments still make my day every time :) hope studying is going well! I'm presently stuying for neuropsychology. i'm sure you can tell how well THAT'S going ;)

n