Good morning, blog world!!!  One of my favorite parts about weekend mornings is that it allows for a bit of early morning yoga.  The perfect way to start the day!

Prepare yourself for a long, pictured-filled post today.  But first, I want to thank all my lovely readers for wishing my mom a happy birthday on my post before last (I meant to tell you guys in my last post, but I kind of forgot :(

Do you want to know another wonderful way to start the day?  Sure you do!  And the answer is Breakfast Tacos!!  Ohhh yes!  You read that very right!  Tacos for breakfast.  It really can't get any better!

Breakfast Tacos (serves 1 hungry gal or guy)

Ingredients:
3 corn tortillas, warmed
1 egg, scrambled (or cooked into a "scrambled patty") and then divided into three equal sections
Pinto beans (about 1/2 cup?  I didn't measure)
Sliced avocado
Chopped cherry tomatoes
Fresh cilantro leaves
Salsa

Assembly:
First, you've got to place your 1/3 of your cooked egg down the center of a corn tortilla like so:
Next, sprinkle on the beans...
Lastly, add your avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, and salsa:
Repeat with the remaining tortillas.  Finally, you get to do what you've been waiting for and devour the little blankets of corn.  The troops all lined up:
Nothing can express how much I loved the little fellas' above.  Three may seem like a lot, but it sure didn't feel like a lot in my tummy!

Another delicious breakfast?  Olivia's Chocolate French Toast!  Yes, I finally made it, and I'm SO glad I did!
You're a genius Olivia!!  Your French toast was AMAZING!

And now, I've kept my promise to you guys and have created a post on how to grow an avocado tree!  I present...

Avocado Tree Growing 101

Here's what you will need to begin:
One of these guys...
3 toothpicks (the pointy ended ones)
A small glass or bowl
Water

The steps:
Step 1:  Remove the seed from the avocado (make sure you also eat the avocado! ;)
Step 2:  Hold the seed with the point of the seed facing up and insert the toothpicks evenly around the middle region of the seed at a downward angle.
Step 3:  Set the seed in the small glass (or bowl) filled with water.  The point of the seed should be above the water, but the bottom of the seed should be completely emerged in water.
Step 4:  Keep your seed in a well lit/sunny area and keep it watered (make sure the point is alway above the water but the bottom is always in water).  Next, wait for the seed to crack and sprout a root.  Be patient - I've had this take anywhere from a few weeks to over a month.

Step 5:  Once the root has been growing for a while, a stem will sprout out the top.  I would recommend letting the stem grow at least six inches before transplanting the seed to a pot.  Once you do transplant, continue to water it and keep in a sunny area.  I would say to keep it outside during the warm summer, but bring it in during the winter.  Or if you have a green house, you can keep it in there.
Also make sure that if you do keep it outside that you have some sort of protection for it (maybe some chicken wire?).  I've lost one tree to the bunnies (they literally chopped it in half!), and I've lost another one to hail storms.  So keep your little guy protected!
I've read that it takes about 50 years for a tree to actually produce avocados, but if you start now, then you can have fresh avocados in your old age ;)

So, do you want to see some pictures of my previous tree (the one that the went to the bunnies :( ?  Of course you do!
Just before transplanting:
Look at those roots! (how do you rotate pictures?!)
I need to start taking all my pictures the other way!
So there you have it!  How to grow an avocado tree from the expert (haha - not!)  I hope it helped and made sense!  If not, feel free to ask any questions!

The daily question:  What's you favorite way to eat avocados?  It's never to late to start planning for you avocado plantation ;)

Comments

02/27/2011 04:17

That is SO SPANKIN' COOL that you grow your own avocado tree!!! My favorite way is probably as guacamole or on toast-so yummy!

I'm so unbelievably happy that you liked my chocolate french toast!! You're so great at trying out my crazy recipes; love ya!!

Oh, and your tacos look super fab too! I would totally eat three..easily! PS I love starting my morning with yoga too!! It's the best:)

My favorite way to eat Avocados is spread on toast! :) SO good! :) and I love it as Guac. :)

Your Breakfast Tacos sound amazing! Just my kind of thing for the morning. :)

Have a wonderful weekend Darling!
xoxox
Kathleen

02/27/2011 04:50

Thanks for the avocado tree tutorial! Too bad they don't produce avocados for a long time, but I may try growing one anyway.

Breakfast tacos...yum! Such a pretty breakfast with all the berries on the side. Oh, and I started off my morning with yoga too. :)

02/27/2011 04:56

Olivia,

Guacamole is the best!!! As is yoga!

Crazy recipes are the most delicious!!! (Although I don't think your recipes are any more crazy than mine ;) Love ya too! :)

02/27/2011 04:57

Kathleen,

I LOVE avocados on toast - YUM! :D

You have a wonderful weekend too, girl! :)

02/27/2011 04:58

Rachel,

You should try growing one! They are A LOT of fun! :D
And yay for yoga! :)

02/27/2011 05:59

If only the avocados didn't take so long! That's one thing I miss about living back home with my family... being able to steal from the avocado trees. ;)

02/27/2011 06:12

Ryan,

That must have been great!! I would love to have an avocado tree (that actually has avocados ;) just standing in my yard! :D

02/27/2011 15:45

So jealous-I was in Cali and kept saying how bad I want to move there so I can have my own avocado tree!

02/27/2011 18:57

I must try this french toast asap! Looks delicious like all of the meals do!

02/28/2011 01:03

Kristina,

Haha - that would be my reason too! ;)

02/28/2011 01:05

Angie,

You definitely should try it! How could you go wrong with french toast and chocolate? ;)

02/28/2011 06:41

I need to jump on this french toast band wagon!

Whitney

02/28/2011 07:45

How cool that you are growing your own avocado tree! Wow, I'm impressed. My favorite way for sure is in guacamole, on tacos or taco salad. I love it in the Pure2Raw twins' avocado cream sauce, too!

Breakfast tacos are quite the rage here in Texas. :)

I'm sure that french toast was fab!

02/28/2011 08:28

How cool is that?! I love the idea of growing trees and you've motivated to get into it~except, this isn't our house--just rent haha. That probably means I have to go house hunting and plant something at the place I'd like to move into in SECRET... :P

02/28/2011 11:57

Whitney,

Yes, you do ;)

02/28/2011 11:59

Kelsey,

Avocado cream sauce? I must check that out - sounds delicious!
And yes, the french toast was very fab! :D

02/28/2011 12:02

Ellie,

That would be very sad to plant an avocado tree and then have to move and leave it :( But I love your plant in secret idea! ;)

03/01/2011 01:18

That is SO DARN COOL that you grow your own avocado tree!! You are AMAZING!!! And those tacos look YUMMY!

Raw avocado chocolate mousse is my FAVE! It's so easy, just an avocado, cocoa powder and agave all blended and then fridged. It tastes SO DARN GOOD! :D

I LOVE avocados... I can't believe I never thought of growing them...50 years is a long time but I'll give it a shot :)

03/02/2011 01:59

Emma,

You're so sweet!! :D

Raw avocado mousse? I haven't had that in a loooong time! Thanks for reminding me about it! ;)

03/02/2011 02:01

Alyssa,

Do try it! :D Even though it takes a while, it's tons of fun (and not everyone can say they have an avocado tree ;)

I never eat avocadoes, haha! I don't love the taste, but I want to try them again!

I love the avocado growing tutorial! AWESOME

03/02/2011 14:12

Mmm I want those tacos so bad!

03/04/2011 12:02

Kayla,

You should try them again - you never, know you might love them now! :D

03/04/2011 12:03

Olivia,

Let me know if you like them if you try them! :) They were way too good!

04/30/2012 08:34

Thanks for sharing nutrition as well as delicious recipe with us. Keep updating such nice information.

05/21/2012 09:23

Eating healthy is very necessary to keep yourself healthy all the time. Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharing

this article is very comprehensive and considerable on the analyse, and greatly inspired me. In addition, I would like to share that some other blog's article, content is also very good, if scan it,there will be a suprise!

I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like this blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.

06/12/2012 23:29

Thanks for creating this sort of cool post which is actually very well penned. Will be referring many friends regarding this.Quite well put. I visit many blogs to know new details continuously. Here I found your blog to be quite interesting.

06/12/2012 23:29

08/17/2012 04:51

I am very happy after the visit of this blog because it contains an informative and amazing post which i liked very much. I really appreciated this post. Please keep up the great work.

09/17/2012 08:13

Because of posts like this I surf the internet and when I found you, the time I felt I was wasting, just turned my thoughts around and now I am thinking I invested my time in something really interesting.

12/13/2013 00:43

The issue that you raised in your blog is really very serious, and most of people lose the quality and integrity of such subjects, when they try to pen it down. But, your job is well done.

01/03/2017 00:15

new

05/10/2017 22:36

Would you like to know another brilliant approach to begin the day? Beyond any doubt you do! What's more, the appropriate response is Breakfast Tacos!! Ohhh yes! You read that privilege! Tacos for breakfast. It truly can't improve!