Sorry, but I didn't actually twist toast. :)  I guess a more appropriate title would have been "Toast with a Twist," but I liked "Twisted Toast" much better.  So, what's this about toast? I've been loving toast topped with coconut butter and dark chocolate chips as a snack lately, but today when I went to eat a snack, I spotted one lonely banana just lying on the counter top.  I couldn't ignore him, so I decided to combine him into my snack, and twisted toast was born!  By the way, I think this would also be exceptional with carob chips!

So, I used this:
This:
This (still making sure I'm getting my carbs!):
And this:
What?  A banana peel?  Trust me, I took this picture after I made the toast.
Now, all you need to do is assemble it!  I'll just give you a picture of the final project and trust that you will be able to figure out the layering :)
The daily question: What kind of snacks do you like?

Comments

Travis
01/21/2011 17:14

yum! Those are my favorite chocolate chips. We keep buying bags of them to make chocolate chip cookies and then just end up eating the chips all by themselves! Have a fun weekend.

06/22/2017 09:55

Well, if I was also bored with the food I usually eat, I'll see to it that I will make a new food out of it. Don't you think that is quite exciting? By the way, what you did was amazing. That chocolate chip you've put in the top was perfect and I would love to include it on my " toast with a twist" too! I know that your version was delicious!

Man, that looks SO GOOD!!! I love your combination of bittersweet chocolate, banana, and coconut! :) Delish! :)

Alexandra
01/22/2011 02:08

Travis,

Thanks for your comment. Those are my all time favorite chocolate chips too (and I always end up eating them by themselves as well :) You also have a fun weekend!

Alexandra
01/22/2011 02:14

Kathleen,

Thanks! The combination was delicious for sure :)

01/22/2011 02:43

Wow that looks like an amazing snack! And I quite like the title too. :)

Alexandra
01/22/2011 03:01

Rachel,

Glad it fits! :)

01/22/2011 07:18

I LIKE THAT SNACK!! Ohh I haven't had coconut butter in ages. I miss it. And those chocolate chips look so awesome! Like little buttons :D

Lately I've been snacking on fruits, nuts, these orange date cookies I made, chips, crackers.. what have you lol.

XO!

p.s. you must try the mac-n-cheese and pancake recipe!! Both were so yummy :)

Alexandra
01/22/2011 07:46

Katharina,

The orange date cookies sound soooo good! And I sure do hope to try the mac-n-cheese and pancakes - they look amazing! :)

04/23/2013 05:14

Good read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a small analysis on that.

04/23/2013 05:45

I am very glad to read such a great blog and thank you for sharing this good recipe info with us.

07/20/2016 07:42

This blog has been updating important concepts about twisted toast, very healthy food and tasty food points I have found here. Thank you for vegginout blog, giving us always important concepts.