School is officially back in session which means less cooking and less blogging. :(  I'll post whenever possible, but I'm sure it won't be every day (it may even be limited to the weekends - I'll have to see how much homework I have during the week).

Luckily, I was able to prepare for the first day of school with some tasty veggies!  I decided I was going to put pesto on my veggies, but then I spotted something else - some vegetarian bacon seasoning!  It seemed like it might go together, and I soon found out that it did!

Smoky Pesto Vegetables

Ingredients:
Pesto
Powdered vegetarian bacon seasoning (or liquid smoke)
Steamed vegetable of choice

Directions:
Simply combing all ingredients together in a bowl!

As long as you have the following ingredients:
And a veggie, of course:
Then you can make these tasty vegetables!  The amount off pesto and smokey stuff will vary depending on the amount of vegetables you use.  I used a about 1.5 tablespoons of pesto and just under a teaspoon of the smokey stuff (although more would have been better).  The delicious result:
By the way, the beige splotches in the picture above are the powdered bacon seasoning, not mold ;)

The daily question: Do you like brussel sprouts?
I looooove them and in any form - steamed, roasted, raw.  My parents on the other hand despise them (I'm thinking of you, dad ;)

Comments

Dad
01/05/2011 13:20

No matter what you do to them they are still brussel sprouts!

Alexandra
01/05/2011 14:21

Yep - no matter what you do to them, they're still delicious ;)

01/05/2011 16:34

I like brussel sprouts although I wouldn't say they are one of my favorite veggies. But, I really don't understand why they have such a bad rep. Vegetarian bacon seasoning??? How have I never heard of such a thing?

01/06/2011 15:03

WOW, I've never actually thought of putting pesto on my steamed veggies! I'm so going to try this out soon with perhaps broccoli or maybe even carrots? Great idea(:
I love brussel sprouts but my favorite way to eat it is roasted, all the way.

Alexandra
01/07/2011 10:20

Ann Claire,

Vegetarian bacon seasoning is so good - if you see it, definitely give it a try! My mom especially likes it sprinkled over her eggs :)

Alexandra
01/07/2011 10:22

Carlyn,

I think you're right that broccoli would be really good with this! And, I agree - roasted brussels = amazingness :)

Charolette
01/09/2011 00:52

Alex, Grandpa especially liked the vege bacon powder on vegetables, any egg dish or anything else he could think of to put it on. So did your great grandmother.

Alexandra
01/09/2011 08:27

Charolette,

My mom loves it on her eggs, too! I guess the love of vege bacon powder runs in the family :)

I love pesto -- especially on pasta; unfortunately, I've never tried it on vegetables.....I really need to though! :) Have you tried pesto on any other type of vegetable, excluding the brussel sprouts?

Alexandra
01/12/2011 02:09

Kathleen,

I haven't.......yet :) But I think it would be good on most any vegetable. I can see it on broccoli, lima beans, zucchini, and carrots. So you could probably try it on any vegetable you like (I can't see that pesto would turn a vegetable into anything but fabulous :)

01/28/2011 02:58

Oh wow, pesto on veggies sounds awesome!! Maybe I need to try that next time. Thanks for the tip!

05/17/2012 02:33

Nice health information well this kinds of blog are real help for womenin homes thanks for sharing it and looking forward to more such thing from you.

05/25/2012 20:37

A single word are feeling quite a lot of people, nice blog, hard to forget.Thank you, author, to read your article I learned a lot things,I heartfelt thank you for sharing.

05/25/2012 20:43

This is a good article, first met, I liked it, to my help is very large, I believe this article will get more attention, I would like to thank the author's share.

Good and quality food is always very important for the people of the country. Without the good and quality kitchens the people cannot able to make good foods in the country/.