Whenever I go to the grocery store, I almost always end up with something in the cart that I have never tried before.  To me, that's what makes grocery shopping fun!  I love trying different foods - it makes life more delicious (well there have been a few exceptions to that, but I won't go into them.... ;) So, I've decided to share with you what my new goodies were today!  First, the carbs.  I'm running in a 400m race on Saturday, and so it's time to start chugging the carbs!  Supposedly, carbs give you energy over longer time periods.  I would still be loving my carbs even if I wasn't running, but the race gives me an excuse to eat even more :)
Sorry for the terrible picture!  It's supposed to show whole wheat orzo, whole wheat, egg white past, and spinach fettuccine.  Mmmmm...... lunch tomorrow will be soooo delicious!  I also bought some of this:
I've tried the pomegranate chip, chocolate and peanut butter swirl, and chocolate, but I've never tried plain 'ole coconut.  Can't wait till this stuff is in my mouth!  And, at last, I have finally tried a Luna bar!
Yes, that is just the wrapper.  I just couldn't wait to eat it, and as soon as I got in the car, I chowed (it ended up working out perfect as I had just finished my workout).  I just have one question?  Why did I wait so long?!  It was aaaaamazing!  I can't even begin to explain how much I loved it!  If you've been meaning to try it, but haven't, then do it!  Soooooo super good!

The daily question:  Do you like trying new foods?

Comments

Yes! I love trying new things! :)

Aelxandra
01/21/2011 01:38

Kathleen,

I'm glad that I'm not alone :)

Love trying new foods:) I used to keep coconut ice cream stocked in my freezer-it was dangerous, haha-enjoy!

01/21/2011 02:07

I adore trying new foods! I always see that De Boles pasta at Whole Foods but it's ratherrrr expensive. Have fun fueling for your race :)

01/21/2011 03:22

I love trying new foods! I try not to go over board and buy new stuff every week, but every once in a while is nice.

Mmm coconut milk ice cream! I've tried the vanilla and the fudge mocha one. Love it!

01/21/2011 08:18

I do love trying out new foods, and I am currently really interested in trying that coconut milk ice cream you posted. Happy I found your blog!

Alexandra
01/21/2011 09:49

Kristina,

Coconut ice cream is EXTREMELY dangerous! :)

Alexandra
01/21/2011 09:55

Kiki,

The De Boles pasta is much cheaper at King Soopers (at least where I live). If you go to King Soopers, be sure and check the price - just in case :)

Alexandra
01/21/2011 10:09

Rachel,

I had no idea there was a fudge mocha flavor! I know which flavor I'm trying next time ;)

Alexandra
01/21/2011 10:10

Allie,

I'm glad you found my blog too :)

01/21/2011 12:45

How did you like the Luna Bar? never had one before

Alexandra
01/21/2011 14:00

Angie,

I actually LOVED it! I didn't think I would as I don't normally like those kind of bars, but it was sooooo tasty! It kind of reminded of a very flavorful rice crispy with a chocolate coating on the bottom of it. It was kind of sweet (but not too sweet) which was surprising since it only had 10g of sugar. You should give it try - let me know if you like it! :)

01/24/2011 17:45

I looove trying new foods... It's kind of a problem. And I always want to try just a small amount of a million different thigns (liek one of each new flavor of bar, for instance) but sometimes they come in packs of 6 and I can't justify buying them!

It's all good though. It's sometimes hard for me to find a balance between eating the new delicious things I find and eating my old favorites... But I usually work it out ;)

Alexandra
01/25/2011 01:31

Nicole,

I'm always wanting to try all the different flavors too! I try to tell myself that I will get a different flavor next time, but it doesn't alway work and I end up with all the flavors anyway ;)

12/17/2016 03:59

Grocery of shopping of food items. Every time he brings innovations these innovations increase his interest more because human beings love or like change.

This kind of guide is an amazing collection of facts and realities of the Soviet Union. As in Soviet Union there were different culture so this publication contains all the depth about their culture in simple pay someone to write my paper format. Due to the several civilizations, different religions were relating in the Soviet Institute. I am so delighted to see the new edition of this reserve.