First, sorry for my lack in posting over the last couple of days.  School has been crazy this week!

But anyway........
Are you one of those people who always makes way to much rice and ends up with a ton of leftovers?  No?  It's just me?  Well, luckily, I've found a way to use up the mass of leftover rice, and, from now on, I will make sure there is always leftover rice.  So if you aren't one of those leftover rice people, become one!  It will make your life so much more delicious! :)

Apple Spice Brown Rice

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 tablespoons almond butter (or other nut butter)
2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons almond milk
Scant 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Scant 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Scant 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
About 1/2 of an apple, cubed

Directions:
First, put the rice into a bowl and microwave it for about 30 seconds on high (this will make the other ingredients easier to stir in).  Now, add the almond butter, applesauce, two tablespoons of the almond milk, and the spices:
Time for some stirring action!  Next, microwave the fantastic smelling mixture on high for one minute, and then add the cubed apple and the remaining tablespoon of almond milk.
They say that pictures speak louder than words.  So, can you hear the bowl above?  If you listen really closer, you just might hear, "Make me, make me. I know you want to eat me, and I completely understand.  I would want to eat myself if I could."  Maybe pictures really do speak louder than words :)

The daily question: What's your favorite way to use up leftover rice?
You've just seen mine!

Comments

01/13/2011 02:36

Mmm that looks delicious. For a while, I went through a phase where I'd eat brown rice pudding for breakfast :).

07/18/2017 19:08

Rice is so important that we should not waste any grain of it. It's true that there are people who waste rice for their respective reasons. If in the first place you cannot finish the food, just don't take too much of it. By the way, I agree with your plan! That's a good one so that you shouldn't be wasteful. At the same time, this will serve as a good example for other people to do the same thing!

Alexandra
01/13/2011 11:44

Katie,

Mmmm.... I would love to eat brown rice pudding breakfast ! :)

Love that idea-genius! I'm boring and usually just chop up some onions and throw in a little bit of Braggs and munch it up...I'm def going to have to take your idea!

That sounds delicious!!! I love that idea! I have to try this!!!

Alexandra
01/14/2011 11:46

Kristina,

Your idea actually sounds really good - nice and simple! :)

01/13/2013 22:45

Wow, that's a clever way of turning leftover rice into your best breakfast. Incredibly amazing recipe.

Alexandra
01/14/2011 11:49

Kathleen,

And if you don't have rice, you could probably use a different grain - oats, bulgar, etc. I'm sure it would be great with most any grain! :)

01/15/2011 10:01

Looks good! I love the idea of savory peanut butter. Well I'm currently eating an apple with peanutbutter which is probably my favorite way to eat it. Super simple, but the crunchyness of the apple and the creamyness of the peanutbutter just work so well together.

05/28/2012 07:57

There are many dishes are available which is made up of many different things but if it contain rice.

02/01/2013 01:43

Wow, those are great foods. Looking forward to prepare that at home..

01/03/2017 01:08

Mostly people are make the different recipe of rice and mostly people eating the daily rice. Mostly rice is use the different sweet dishes. Mostly people like the spicy rice for eating with vegetable salad.

05/04/2017 01:02

It is essential for us to have a risk-free as well as pleased neighborhood where you appreciate us as well as concerning everyone else utilizing this roblox generator. I'm from Pakistan and also i do not have bank card to by robux from video game i utilized this device and also had the ability to create 5K robux with press of a switch. This brand-new roblox device hack has the capacity to go unnoticed when supplying the free robux to your account.