Almond Oat Waffles
These waffles get their almond flavor from almond extract, but if you want to add chopped or slivered almonds, I think that would be a nice addition (though I haven't actually tried it)! This recipe is based on Mollie Katzen's Oatmeal Waffles from Sunlight Cafe.
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour (or other flour of choice)
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- Preheat a waffle iron. (If it has an adjustable temperature, set it to 400.)
- Mix together the oats, rice flour, oat bran, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, extracts, Greek yogurt, and egg white.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix well, but don't over mix.
- Grease the waffle iron with coconut oil or butter.
- Pour the the batter into the iron and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Most important step: Top with desired toppings (maple syrup, Greek yogurt, peanut butter, fresh berries, etc.) and devour!
Do you like waffles? What's your favorite flavor?
These were wonderful, though I do love chocolate waffles. I'll have to experiment with a recipe!